AUSPERL perlite is a super light weight potting media that is clean and easy to use as well as environmentally friendly, offering many advantages allowing you to get the very best from your plants, nurturing them and helping them grow healthy and strong. The unique properties of perlite provides for excellent aeration and drainage while still ensuring good water retention.
A white volcanic rock,is sterile allowing free handling, lasts indefinitely, and has excellent insulation against temperature fluctuation (Source: Perlite Institute Inc., USA).
AUSPERL perlite are available that can be used solely or with peat moss, sand or other media. An outstanding advantage is that may be used safely without further sterilisation. The light weight properties ensure that when cuttings and seedlings are ready for removal, you can lift them safely and easily from the bed without large clumps clinging to, and damaging the roots. AUSPERL also makes sound economic sense, because as it withstands repeated usage, you can replant in the same bed.is ideal for propagation. Various grades of
AUSPERL horticulturalhas proven to be an excellent material to use as a soil conditioning agent because it has certain characteristics, which provide the following results:
- Soil structure is improved due to the near ideal air-water relationship that is developed in the growing media.
- The air holding capacity of the soil is increased and adequate drainage is assured.
- Over watering and under watering losses are reduced due to the surface structure of the particle that retains 3 or 4 times its weight in water without penetrating the particle. Excess water will drain off.
- Cracking and crusting of soil surface is reduced or prevented.
- Soil compaction is prevented.
- A more even distribution of the root system is made possible throughout the entire growing media.
- AUSPERL horticultural perlite is easy to handle, does not require sterilisation and mixes may be accurately duplicated due to consistent
- Uniform growing and propagating media are insured regardless of season or location.
LINKS TO ARTICLES
- Indoor Gardening with Perlite
- Cultivation of Spruce Seedlings in Mixtures of Perlite and Sphagnum Peat in Norway
IN THE GROUND
- Tomatoes in Perlite article (Greenhouse production
- Horticultural Perlite Solves Compaction Problem at New Stadium
- Horticultural Perlite – The Natural Growing Media for Outdoor Gardening
- Renovating Golf Greens with Horticultural Perlite
- Effective Watering with Horticultural Perlite
- The Role of Perlite in Hydroponic Culture
- Hydroponic Culture of Strawberries in Perlite
- Growing Orchids in Perlite
We would love to hear from you
Click below to get in touch with our friendly and experienced team.