Perlite Plaster & Coating
Perlite plaster is only one third the weight of sanded plaster. Lightness in weight also permits the plasterer to maintain optimum production for the full working day with much less effort.
Perlite plaster is used around the world, offering cost savings throughout the supply chain. Its light weight means lower transportation, application and structural costs, and once emplaced it offers excellent insulation against noise, fire, vermin and climate.
Laboratory and field tests have proven/sand concrete is suitable for use over structural forms such as corrugated steel, rib steel or cellular steel floor units and plywood sub-floors and ideal as a base for a wide variety of floor materials including carpet, tiles and hardwoods.
Perlite plaster has endless unique properties accounting for its ready acceptance and widespread use by many leading architects, general contractors and plastering contractors.
LINKS TO ARTICLES
- Light weight Aggregate for Portland Cement Plasters and Gypsum Plasters
- Perlite for Textured Coatings
- Light weight Fiber Reinforced Perlite Cement Plasters
(for specifications refer to UL C35)
- Light weight: Perlite plaster is only one third the weight of sanded plaster. Lightness in weight also permits the plasterer to maintain optimum production for the full working day with much less effort.
- Fireproofing: National bodies have been swift to recognise the advantages of superior fire protection and potential cost reductions afforded by perlite plaster fireproofing and have modernised codes to take advantage of this. Laboratory fire tests have resulted in ratings as high as 4 hours for plaster containing perlite .
- Insulating: Perlite possesses millions of tiny air particles and in turn permanent insulation cavities that reduce heat transmission losses. Perlite adds a high thermal insulation value to plaster.
- Better workability: Perlite plaster’s sharpness has similar workability to that of sand.
- Crack resistant: Perlite plaster has a high degree of resiliency ensuring less cracking.
- Base Coat plaster: Perlite plaster is an ideal aggregate for all general (base coat) plastering. On many jobs it costs no more than ordinary sand plaster. It mixes with both gypsum plaster and cement for the scratch and brown coats.
- Acoustics: Perlite acoustic plaster is an efficient, economical and attractive sound absorbent plaster that can be handled by any skilled labourer. It can be washed and redecorated, is of proper hardiness, and can withstand normal wear and tear without dusting and disintegration.
Combined with the use of AUSPERL perlite for loose-fill insulation in concrete blocks, true household energy efficiency is possible.
We would love to hear from you
Click below to get in touch with our friendly and experienced team.